Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's A Girl!!!

I Finlay heard back from the adoption worker this afternoon! Baby girl was born on December 8th and tested positive for alcohol. So, she is now in a foster home and could very soon be coming home to live with us! Sooooooooooo excited!!!

They are waiting on the social work records for Eva G and once they receive those they are hoping they can expedite the process and begin the termination of rights hearing and bring her home!!!! She is currently still visiting bio parents...and they are letting them work the case plan, but they do not feel that reunification is the best in this case. We are at the top of the list for the adoption and they have been waiting for 2 weeks to hear if we were interested in adopting this little girl! Two weeks......I found out on Sunday!!!!

Anyways....we could not be happier! Our daughter will have a sister who is in fact a full biological sibling! Praise the Lord!

So...we wait. It could be up to 2 months before she is home. And of course we are not guaranteed that we will be chosen....but it does look good!

I have already started a list of baby girl names...as we will be changing her given name. My mother-in-law is planning to throw us a baby shower! I am just beyond overjoyed!

But I can tell you that I will be calling the worker in FL every other day to check on the status of my baby girl! I am already longing for her!!! :)

Jemmers :)

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness!! This is beyond exciting. So hope your baby girl gets to come home really, really soon.

I love the name Delaney. That is what we are changing our fd name to when we adopt her.

Allison said...

I'm a little sad that baby girl had to be born in less than ideal circumstances...but excited that soon she will get to BE in ideal circumstances when she comes home to you.

So excited for you guys and for Eva to have a full sibling.

Hope you get some more good news soon!

Sissy said...

That is wonderful news!

StarfishMom said...

How wonderful!! My advice...DO NOT LET UP!!! Keep calling and asking what you can do to expedite her coming home. If they know that she has someone wanting and waiting for her they are more likely to speed up the process! God is SO good!!!

elizabeth said...

I am soo happy for you! And to think, a week ago you had no idea, and all of a sudden such beautiful news!

elizabeth said...

And... Praise the Lord for you job at Target!! How awesome how the Lord worked this all out. Praise the Lord for you husband encouraging you to get out of the house. Who knows when the social worker would have contacted you!

Sew said...

Target where all dreams come true!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see pics of that baby!!!

Jenny said...

Praying for you and your family. :)

junglemama said...

Hope it works out that you soon have to be shopping for pink little dresses!

April said...

What an amazing "God thing"! What a great orchestration! So very excited for you and your family!! I will be praying this is God's will that this little girl come to your family...and soon!!