Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 23rd!

First, I have to say, that I am not offended by any comment I may receive in regards to our attempt to adopt Eva's sister. I understand that this is a delicate situation (believe me...I understand!) and that there is so much emotion involved. But I will not apologize for how I feel! I honestly believe that Teresa belongs with her sister here in OH. And I have left it all up to God...trying to not get too involved and pretty much just mess everything up! If He wants her here, then that is where she shall be.

And our final court hearing is September 23rd at 1:30pm to decide just that! Where legally she should be. This is not an evidentuary hearing. It is just to see what the law says and if the foster parents have any rights to refuse the removal of this little girl. So I am praying God's will alone!!!!

Let's talk about the foster parents for a few minutes. I love these parents. I have not met them personally, and have only spoken to them once. And that did not go well. But I know that they love this little girl. And they have taken good care of her. And I know that their hearts are breaking at the possibility of loosing their only "child". My heart breaks for them!!!! And I pray that God comforts them and brings them peace and blessings beyond comprehension.

I know that there are adoptive parents out there that have children with siblings that they are not with. And that is ok. But Eva only has one sibling at the moment. And if there are more, I will try to keep them all together. As much as possible.

I am not saying that I feel that I deserve this child. I am only saying that the girls deserve to grow up together and have each other. And even if she does not come here....I will do my absolute best to make sure that they still have each other!

I love my daughter.....and I love her sister. With my whole heart!
Jemmers :)

5 comments:

StarfishMom said...

I agree she should be with her sister. I really think that in this case it was the foster care system that messed up...at Eva and her sisters expense. You have every right to feel the way you do. But you're right...God's will be done.

Blessed and Broken said...

I have been following your blog since I realized your daughter came via foster care. We have been foster parents now for 6 months. There is a bio-great aunt out there trying to get our foster son. It is so hard to read your updates because right now I am in the shoes of the foster parents. However, if I were in your shoes, I would probably be doing the same thing. All I keep asking is WHY ON EARTH did no one not contact you when this sweet girl was born? I think the fault really must lay with the agencies involved for not finding this out first. Right? I am not familiar enough with the case to know that answer.

Kelly said...

I will be praying for all of you. Please post again and remind us of the date so I can specifically pray at 1:30 on Sept. 23rd. The best to you and I really hope these sweet girls get to grow up together in your home.

One question: Have the parents rights been terminated yet? I can't remember and am too lazy to go back and read. lol

Leah Wentzel said...

i think all of us foster moms have been able to put our selves in BOTH of you guys' shoes and what it boils down to is that if we were you WE WOULD BE DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING and if we were them WE WOULD BE DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

God's will be done.

From the Stork; An adoption Journey said...

I agree with Leah. I can see it both ways and feel both of your pains. If you were the foster mom you would feel like she was yours and you would want to keep your only child and agree to visitation but if the foster mom was you she would be doing what you are doing and feel the way you feel. I hope all goes well all around. I see both sides of this and I pray for both of you adn wished the foster care system was better and would have connected your daughters sister with her instead of having her love another family and that family to love her only to possibliy be torn away from them. It is sad. Good luck