And it is getting harder!!!!!!!!
How are you supposed to fight for a child when no one will listen to you and have already made up their minds. Based on what??????? Cost??? Bonding???? Does anyone care that there are two little girls out there that cannot be with their bio parents and need each other????? They are their family!!!!!!!! Not me!!! Not the foster family!!!! But Eva and Elise (Teresa). This is who all of this is about!!!!!
Why am I the only one who can see this?????
Jemmers
5 comments:
I am not sure who Theresa is but I think if the kids know who each other are then they should be together because they are bonded and all that each other have. I am not sure of the whole cercumstance but if the child has never been or seen other sibling I don't think it would be detramental. I foster to adopt our little guy and he has siblings that are all adopted out to other homes and he has never meet them in his life and I don't think it would be detramental to him and when he gets older if he wants to meet them we will support him 100% but at this time without knowing or meeting them he doesn't know nor does he ask us. I am not sure of the curcumstance but if these kids know each other and are bonded they need to be together and if they are not then they need mandatory visitation I would think maybe 1x a week or 2 times at least a month but this is my opinion on this.
the siblings should TOTALLY BE TOGETHER!! this is my BIGGEST pet peeve when people say oh it wont matter..REALLY? Have you ever been seperated from your sibling? Even one you have never met? I have and i did not meet them till i was 15 and my brother died a year later..there is STILL to this day---almost 20 years later a hole in my heart because i never got to know him. I will fight tooth and nail to keep siblings together. I understand if you said no we are done that is one thing but you want her to be with her sister and YOU should have 1st priority NOT the foster parents. She is still very young and attachment parenting can still work with her..girl i hope you have a lawyer you need to fight for her....it is not about you or the foster mom it is about the siblings and they need to be together.
And BTW this is such a strong thing for me i was almost held in contempt of court when a judge ordered sibling to be seperated. i am still P!SSED at that ruling.
But... would you be willing to let Eva go so she could be with her sister?
There's always at least one more side to each story.
Angela :-)
Angela....hmmmmm....lets see!!!! Eva is ADOPTED...so she is ours!!! Her sister is in foster care...not adopted. And if the roles were reversed....then yes, I would have to let her go be with her sister....and it would suck!!! But it would be right!
WOW!!!!!!!
I wasn't trying to offend. As an adoptive mom of 4 kids who all have bio-sibs elsewhere, this is something that I have challenged myself with. If I believe so strongly that sibs should be together, would I be willing to let them go, so it could happen?
Angela :-)
Post a Comment