Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Beautiful Love

Just 3 years ago, this month, Anthony and I began our journey to a family. Our journey through Foster Care. And what a time it has been. Eleven children, one adopted daughter, a million pictures, a billion of tears, a few appologies, and memories that I hope to never forget. Some of them I am glad I can't remember in full. But in all.....amazing.

I had very little expectations in the beginning. Now, I expect only to be changed. Some of the change has been hard and some has come easy. I am oler, wiser, guarded, hesistant, open, eager and willing. I have built up walls. I have torn some down. I am protective, assertive, shy and easily brought to tears. I see things in a different light. I have new eyes and a new heart. I have new scars and reopened a few old ones. I lost friends and gained ones that were even greater.

Three years ago I was a childless mother....now I am a mother to eleven beautifully complicated and damaged souls. And I will never be the same.

Did I also mention that I am extreemly sentimental and a bit mellodramatic??!!
Jemmers :)

3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so glad you started posting again! I don't foster, but I love to read about fostering. I can't remember how I found your blog, but I hope you keep writing.

Allison

Sew said...

I think you have to be that way to do your job, sentimental and a little dramatic! hahhahah

11 children in 3 years! You go girl! Now that is fertility even the most fertile haven't seen! ;) hehehe

Glad you are loving what you do and so happy you are doing what you are doing! You rock!

Jemmers said...

Thank you, Allison! I have found a new need to post:) Thanks for reading!!!

And Miss Nicole......YOU ROCK!!! I cannot wait to hear about your journey!!