I know I have been silent for months now. I have been busy with my 3 children who are now the ages of 20 months, 2 years old (Eva) and 3 years old! So, you might say that I am a bit over my head. That would be an understatement!!
I had to write this evening. A situation on my way to work has stuck deep in my heart. *Oh, I work evenings and weekends at Target now!* And I wanted to write it down for me...for processing...for encouragment.
This morning, I heard a message on Ownership. What we as people decide is ours when really everything we have belongs completely to God. My home, my car, my food, my children....my next breath! Everything! He also talked about how God can test us (not tempt) to see if we are ready for the next level He has waiting for us.
On my drive to work this evening, I saw him. A young man....maybe in his early 20's, standing on the side of the road in the rain. As I pulled closer to him, I caught a glimps of my umbrella laying on the floor of my van. Before I even knew what I was doing, I rolled down my window and offered him the umbrella. He accepted, hessitantly...and thanked me. I told him I had no money and all he said was..."I am hungry". I instantly grabbed the grocery bag that was holding my dinner for the evening, still warm from the crock-pot. I handed it to him and said that I wanted him to have my dinner. He took the bag and replied, "Are you sure? This is your dinner." "I can get more. This is yours." The cars infront of me started to move and as I pulled away he said to me "You are a beautiful person. Thank you."
Everything I had that was available to me that was of use to this young man, I gave. Remember....nothing is mine! It is all God's.
Now I am not saying any of this so people can comment on how good or how dumb of a person they think I may be. But to simply address what fears me the most about what others may be thinking or what they would have done if they were in this situation.
Yes, I understand that this young man could have been lying to me. He may not have even been homeless or hungry. But what scared me the most was, what if he truly was? And just because no one knew for certain, no one tried to help. And if he was lying, well I believe God had a message for him somewhere in that bowl of meatball soup that he needed to hear.
I believe I was tested today. And I hope I did exactly what the Lord wanted me to do. And I pray that young man finds what he is looking for. Because, I was not heading in his direction today, when I first started out. I was led there.
Where are you being led to, today? Remember....nothing is yours. Today, I learned just that!
Jemmers :)
3 comments:
I love these opportunities and these stories!!!!!!! :) Great job for answering the call!
Way to be Jesus' hands and feet on this earth!!
What a beautiful post. I am very much enjoying your blog.
Post a Comment