I never liked the sport...but my husband was 3rd in state his Senior year! He was amazing! Still is:)
But I have been doing my own kind of wrestling lately. And I still am not a fan! Still too much drama and pain that I am not strong enough, at times, to bear.
First, we have been wrestling with the decision to have Miss K removed from our home. We have come to the conclusion that we are only enabling her, at this point, and we are no longer able to help her. Her behaviors are too much and we all (her entire team or social workers and us) feel that it is time for her to move on. Maybe to an independent living home. So, we turned in our 30 day notice on Monday. We have a team meeting set for next Wednesday to discuss this with her and to give her all of her options. Staying here is just not one of them. I do not anticipate it to go well.
Second, we are still discussing the possible adoption of Star. This little girl is such a blessing and so wonderful. She does come with lots of special needs and most being lifelong. WE are just trying to seek God's will on this....are WE to be her forever family? Are WE able to care for her for the rest of her life? Can WE make it work for the rest of our family...for Eva? I know WE can't....but God can!
It is very different when deciding to bring a child with special needs into your home...than if you gave birth to that child yourself. I hope this does not come out wrong!! I just want to make sure that we are the family for her! And I know that I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure she gets the care she needs! Just a lot to think about!
Third, I have been wrestling with my daughter! Well...more like....she tackles me to the floor and I tickle her and we roll....:) She is such a huge blessing! I am grateful for her!!! Totally and completely unworthy...yet totally and completely thankful for God's endless grace! And for our Eva Grace!
Jemmers :)
*Update*
Star is the little girl we had a few times over the summer for respite. Actually, for like a month. She is almost 2 years old with epilepsy and CP. She is adorable!
Also, Miss K just asked to be removed from our home...so no more worrying about how she will take the 30 day...this is all her now! :) Ok...that may of sounded to mean....:)
1 comment:
I hope God lays an answer on your heart that leaves little question either way. This must be a difficult season, one that follows such a delightful one (Eva's adoption). I'm praying He gives you wisdom and discernment!
Post a Comment