Sometimes I think I must be just terrible at this whole fostering teens thing! I mean, ALL of my teens leave. And the leave MAD...no ANGRY at me! Yes, I understand that it has little to do with me...but they don't see that. So to them, I am this awful person who does not deserve to be a foster mom! (That is what Miss K said!)
Last night everything came to a head with Miss K. She was caught in a lie, concerning me and where she was going, and she got mad. She blew up...all over our garage. Screaming and throwing things...like my really expensive stroller that I bought because I had a baby!!! And kicked the TV that was out there and my van! And threw and broke our telephone. Oh...and threatened to kick my butt!
She is no longer here. All of her things are packed and ready for pick-up...and she is at respite until a permanent situation is found for her and her baby.
I fully believe that each child is here for a set amount of time...and then they move on. This was her time. I am no longer going to sit by and be threatened and bullied by an 18 year old girl. It was not getting any of us anywhere!
So, we wait for the next call to come...I am sure it will be for a teen! Bring it on!
Jemmers :)
10 comments:
All I can say is "God bless you for trying!" Your patience and willingness to help out troubled teens is very selfless. What a tremendous calling and sacrifice!
I could never do what you are doing.....keep doing the good work
I'm sorry! That's so awful!
You do a great job! God bless you!
You did the best you could under very difficult circumstances (we tried teens the first time we fostered and quickly backed out and I LIKE teens so that should tell you something!LOL)but this situation could turn dangerous...if she is throwing fits like that who's to say she won't attack you...you have a little one to protect...things change when they become "yours" - I know that after we adopted we actually stopped fostering for a few years (until recently) because we knew it was what our daughter needed (too many losses and seeing kids come and go wouldn't have been good for her then)...all situations are different of course but fits like that can't be tolerated w/ a little one around...I feel for her baby...she needs to get that temper in check now before her daughter ends up in the system g-forbid for something really bad.
Hugs
Bless you honey. Teens are not for my household. I raised my 3 girls, I didn't take any crap from them & I'm certainly not going to take it from someone else's.
That's why we do 0-3 yrs!
(((Hugs)))
You were faithful in a very tough situation and God knows that. He will use your obedience in ways you may never see.
Blessings!
Hannah
Thank you for all of your kind words! We tried our hardest...and we will continue trying! :)
And believe me...we are nothing special...just a couple of crazy kids following the will of God. Well, trying to!
Hugs to all!
I think for me the hardest part about fostering teens would be that if they leave; you don't often get to see them into their 20's. Having had two bio sons who were very difficult in their teens (blended family issues etc) and now have seen them into their 20's; it is like night and day. Hopefully at least one or two of them will come back and give you some appreciation at some point.
wow- we just took in our first teen and I am hoping we don't have issues like that. ugh!
Oh, I"m so sorry things turned out this way. I know how hard you tried!
Post a Comment