Thursday, April 2, 2009

I don't want to talk about it!

Ugh....that is pretty much all I can say right now. Well, maybe a few other words! But they are not so appropriate.

I am currently not speaking to Miss K. Now, I am not giving her the cold shoulder or ignoring her....I simply am just not talking to her. I am hurt and I have nothing to say. And just because she is over her fit of rage much quicker than anyone really should be, I am not. I have been in this place before with another teen...and I am not going there!....I can't!

There is only so much verbal abuse one can take...and I am reaching my limit. I know that this is NOT about me....and that it is NOT meant to be personal....but it STILL stinks big time!

Sometimes I just want to stop....but I know that I can't. So right now, I am just silent!

Jemmers :)

7 comments:

D said...

I don't know how you do teenage girls with babies! I COULD NOT.
Way too much drama,like foster care in general doesn't have enough! You must have the patience of a saint!

Kelly said...

Don't know how you do it. My own teens that have to listen to me (to a certain extent) are hard enough to deal with. You are amazing and I could not deal with it. You go girl!!! I can't even imagine the drama in your house. UGH!

Foster Mama said...

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this.

Sew said...

You can do it! She needs you! Keep fighting the battle! ;)

cloudmaster said...

My DW and I brought up three children and the teen years were extremely frustrating. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like with a teen mom. Kudos to you. Just stepping up to the plate to take this on is certainly remarkable.

zunzun said...

When we fostered the first time around we had a teenage boy...there were issues and we only had one but goodness...I think if I did it again (teens) they'd have to be boys!LOL

I think it's smart/good to be silent...many kids in the system tend to jump right back as if nothing had happened so you need to let her know that you ARE hurt and not ready to be quite as pleasant (not talking about forgiveness but more about her feeling it a bit).

Hang in there...Hugs

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm sorry you're going through this.

Hang in there.