Saturday, April 4, 2009

I think we will make it!

I have remained silent for the last few days and by the comment on her facebook page, I think she gets it.

"You don't have to pour your heart out to me. The look on your face says it all."

Now, this may not be directed toward me....but I am taking it that way. Why not?! She also unloaded the dishwasher this morning! She has NEVER done that!!!! :)

We have a team meeting scheduled on Monday to discuss with her what her options are and what she wants to do. Staying here and exploding every time someone confronts you on an issue is not ok. Staying here and verbally abusing people is not ok. Staying here and doing pretty much whatever you want with no regard to the rules is not ok. I understand that you will be 18....I do....I am 28 and I still have a set of rules that I have to live by. It is called life.

Staying here, and graduating, and taking care of your baby, getting a job, following the rules....ok.

I think we will make it!
Jemmers :)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

HI! It's nice to connect to another young couple PASSIONATE about the ministry of parenting our nations hurting kiddos.

cara said...

hats off to you. sounds like a real hard spot to be in but you are trying your best. Hope it all works out and Happy Early Mothers Day - I agree 5/5 - what a wonderful mothers day gift!

Tony and Rett said...

SOOOO glad to have found your blog!

We are in the last stages of becoming licensed in the "foster to adopt" program and are scared to death! It will be nice to read someone who has been there, done that!