Thursday, January 29, 2009

So Tell Me Why You Love Her....

You are asked many questions during the process of adopting a child. And some make sense, some seem intrusive, and some are just the kind you can only think of answering with a "duh!".

My favorite so far is "Why do you want to adopt this child? What about her is appealing?" (I laughed when I read this one!! And had to try extra hard not to be sarcastic!)

Where do I even start? Well first, I love her with every ounce of my being. She is my world and a great joy in my life. I cannot imagine it without her.

She has the most precious smile! She is very imaginative and fun. I love watching her try to do new things, like jumping in place, or pretending to feed her baby doll. And the joy she has in her eyes as she attempts to brush her own teeth with her pink princess toothbrush is adorable.

I love her hugs and kisses. They way she lays her head on my chest when she is sleepy or sad. How I can tell when she is starting to not feel well, by the way she calls out my name, Mommy.

She is incredibly stubborn and silly. Her way of telling us she is all done is by rubbing her messy hands all over her beautiful brown hair. How she will throw a fit when something does not go her way by throwing herself down on the floor and fake cry while covering her face with her hand.

I love the amazing sparkle in her eyes when she sees that her daddy is home. And I just love that when God was creating this precious soul, he gave her A's eyes and my undeniable personality.

And whoever she may become as she gets older, I will always love her.

Jemmers :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Very well said. How can you explain why you love someone that you love unconditionally? There is no condition to change the way you feel but how do you put in words how you came to that depth of love. If it could be done you did it here. Very sweet and touching.

Dooneybug said...

Please tell me you wrote that on the form because that was just beautiful! You are such a great Mommy!

cloudmaster said...

Sounds like the perfect answer!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Very sweet words about a very sweet girl.