Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Two Years to a New Me!!!

It is amazing how one can change in a matter of a few years. I know I certainly have!

*I have learned what it truly means to love without condition. Which is something you need to know when you love children that are not your own.
*I am much more patient and understanding. I am mastering the verse in James : Be quick to listen and slow to speak! In another 100 years I should be all good!
*My skin is a lot more tough than I ever thought it could be. Having many angry teens in our home has helped with this.
*I rely on God for just about everything...and almost on the first try!
*People can ask me when my husband and I plan on having children of our own...and I can answer them and not die inside! And sometimes I give a response like: Well, none of our children are ours....they ALL belong to God!
*I am truly happy where God has me now! And I am very ok with not having children of my own. And to think, it only took me 8 years to get there!
*I feel that I have found my purpose in life. And it feels amazing!
*In just two years, I became a mother to 9 children. I was only asking God for one!
*I am no longer sad and depressed and angry. Yes, I still get sad and sometimes depressed and angry....but I am not living in it! My chains are gone!

There are still lots of areas that could use a little changing....but that will come!

Jemmers :)

7 comments:

Jamie D said...

That's a lot of growing in a relatively short time! You must be exhausted (also, because with growth comes the occasional pain). I have shared some of your growth, and I'm so excited to share this peace you are experiencing! It is amazing, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!!

At nearly 16 years, I still get angry sometimes and I cry sometimes, but it was at year 8 that I stopped dying over it all. It was as though a switch flipped and I didn't need to take it personally anymore.

((hugs))

You are so awesome. You and A are so awesome for being parents to 9 kids. And I know that many of them were far worse than my Stormy.

Bless you!

my life: said...

I love that last one...we live in a broken world...we live among brokeness...in freedom and hope. So glad to share in this moment with you. :0)

jessica said...

Good for you! Life is as good as we see it to be, right?

zunzun said...

Wow...loved this post! There comes a point for women like us when we decide that enough is enough and it's time to move forward. That "point" is different for everyone but so darn necessary to be able to enjoy life. I'm so glad you made it. Not to say there won't be sadness and tears over it in the future (I still have my moments and I've been infertile for 17 years) but at least your "chains are gone" - Definitely something to celebrate! and hugs...because I know the journey hasn't been easy.

zunzun said...

Oops..meant to ask (sorry if I'm being nosy...if I am go ahead and tell me to mind my own bidness!LOL) if you could expand on "I feel that I have found my purpose in life. And it feels amazing!" - just wondering how you would go about putting words to it. It is acutally a very profound statement so I was just curious as to what it entails for you...sorry if I'm being invasive.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I love coming over to your blog for a breath of fresh air. You really are an uplifting, beautiful spirit. God works his beauty and wonder in you!