I always hated the term..a worry wart. It sounded so....gross. Why not a worry-flower. Or perhaps a worry-ice cream eater. I like ice cream...and I do eat it a lot when I worry. Because, well mainly, I am a worry-wart. Have been since I was a small child. Not proud, just stating a fact. *And I worry a little bit about even making this known*
I can worry about mostly anything. And mostly anything that has no need to be worried over. It is a talent. Ok...not so much. It is not that I set out to worry...it is this need I have to control everything! So when I cannot control something (almost always!), then I worry about it. I mean, what else is there to do?
I worry about.....
*Not getting everything done that I feel needs to be
*Money
*Not being the best foster mom that I can and should be
*Letting people down
*Saying too much
*Not saying enough
*Is my family going to heaven
*Will I ever be a forever mom
*What people think of me
*Is someone going to be able to tell that I wore these jeans yesterday...and possibly the day before?
*Not being the best wife to my husband
I know that the Lord teaches us not to worry. That he cares for those things that seem to have no worth...so how much more will he care for us! So I know that I need not worry...just let go and let God.
For today, I am wart free!
Jemmers:)
5 comments:
I feel for you! I worry about all of those things daily! It's ridiculous really! Good luck being worry free today!
I fear my list is just as long, if not longer, than this one! I also like to play the "What if...?" game. I don't recommed it, though!
I agree! It's a talent...the only one I have. so I try to do it very well. :)
I have the same list you do too...with a few I'm too worried to add.
I'm a worrier by nature too but I'm trying really hard to let things go a bit or at least not obsess about them so I feel you.
Glad to know your dad is doing much better...that was scary.
hugs
Here's a quote that helps me:
"If you're gonna worry, don't pray. If you're gonna pray, don't worry."
Angela :-)
Post a Comment