Monday, November 17, 2008

No One Likes A Blog...

That never updates!!! I know I surely do not!!! :)

My Dad....
He is doing really well. He is home, has been for over a week. He can get up on his own. Put on his back brace. Take a shower by himself. He is having some pain, still...but is dealing. He is extremely bossy, and can be down right mean. So that is when I threaten to take away his cane! :) He has had regular visitors, which is nice..and tons of food. Also very nice. I am there at least 5 days a week. I am just sooo thankful that he is recovering well...and he is still here with us!!!

Cutie Pie....
Her court date is tomorrow...November 18th. This is the day that they ask for PCC (permanent custody). If granted, she could be legally adopted by the beginning of next year. And she is turning ONE next Tuesday!!!! And her party is the following Saturday! And I love her soooo very much!!!! In case you did not know:)

Hubby....
He has become majorly attached to cutie pie in the last few weeks. He always adored her...but with me gone taking care of my father, he took care of baby girl. I am glad they were able to spend time together. Now I am seemingly only chopped liver!

Miss K and Precious....
So much has been going on here lately. We have had a few more talks and each time they are received better. I worry about her so much. She is a bright girl, but I am afraid that her past is holding her back and causing her to make decisions out of fear of rejection and pain. But I do feel we are making some progress!

Jemmers....
I am doing well. I am a bit tired, but I am sure that has nothing to do with my schedule of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! We are doing a respite for a 16 year old girl next week. So that should be lots of fun!! :) Oh...and I need to find time to make my annual homemade Christmas cards!

So...how are all of you??

Jemmers :)

6 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Thanks for the update...you have been VERY busy!!!

Praying for your court date tomorrow. (:

We have a Judicial Review next Monday, but our most exciting news is that they have finally set a date at the beginning of January for a TPR Advisory Hearing!

We are one step closer to Baby D's goal of adoption!!!

Jemmers said...

Hey Mandi...I am soooo excited for you!!!! I know it has been a long road, but soon your little D will be YOURS!

Thanks for all of your prayers and sweet words! Love ya for them!!!

Jemmers :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I have been and will be praying. I SOOOO know the feeling of going through a hearing like this!

Ashley said...

Im praying for ya'll- and I love your blog!!- Ashley

YankeeAmanda said...

Geesh, with all you have going on it's no wonder you have little breaks between posts. I am praying for you guys - I love it when you update!

Queen of the House said...

Hi there, I've subscribed to your blog! We've been in your shoes before. Hang in there, the end result is fantastic!!!