I just got word, this evening...like, 15 minutes ago...that cutie pie's case went to PCC - PERMANENT CUSTODY!!!! That means that her new plan is ADOPTION!!!! The adoption worker should be in contact with us soon!!!
And that is not all.....
Cutie Pie's maternal grandfather (who I met the last time cutie pie saw her mother), called inquiring about how to get custody of her the day AFTER court. If he would have called the day before, it would have slowed everything down for us. But the ruling is final. I know this sounds just completely awful, but he would not have been awarded custody for many of the same reasons her mother does not have custody. To me, this is a huge answer to all of those prayers out there!
I am so excited! This was not at all what I was expecting the day I received the call for her, almost one year ago. But I am so thankful!
She truly is a blessing!
Jemmers :)
5 comments:
I am so excited for you, and I feel I can 'hear' it in you 'voice'! I know these processes can be draining and exhausting, my prayers are absolutely with you!
Hooray!!! Oh, I am SO excited for you and know you've been waiting for this for a while now! Praise God!!!
I cannot wait until they finally set a date for a Permanency Hearing for our little guy...we found out they are having the TPR Advisory Hearing at the beginning of January.
The system does a lot of good but it is also crazy!!! Our guy has not seen his birth mom since he was born, she hasn't requested to see him, and no one knows where she is now. I wish things could move faster!
That's wonderful!
Congrats!!!
That is GREAT news! I'm so glad it's all working out! ;) Thanks for keeping us posted! ;)
Post a Comment