I am not good at planning!
I know...me...a planner - by nature! I don't quite get it either!
Let's try to work this out, together. Shall we?
Yes....I love planning my day. Making lists. Knowing what my week looks like. Writing out priorities. Always being two steps ahead...which is not much seeing as hubby is always 5 steps behind and Miss K is usually just standing still...
But when it comes to birthdays, special events, holidays...I fall extremely short. I am the one who sends out your b-day card the day of your b-day. I am the shopper on Christmas Eve shoving whatever is left over in my cart for your present. I pay WAY too much for my turkey...since I buy it the day before it is needed.
And I have NO clue why! It makes no sense! I mean, hubby buys me a card for EVERY holiday, special occasion, because I made meatloaf that day! And he is so not a planner. And he is really not that romantic type either. He just does it! And me...the one who has all of this written down and scheduled and highlighted in pretty ink pens...can't plan well enough....wait....
It does not seem to be the planning that is the issue...maybe I am just not much of a doer?? That makes more sense! I run out of time to do things...because I am soooo busy planning for everything that I forgot to plan time to go to the store and do what it is I need to do!
Break through!!!! I. Am. Lazy!
There you have it folks! I am still a planner...but not so much a doer! I feel better! I am glad I planned time to figure this all out...cause now....
I have a ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY PARTY to plan for!!! I mean, to go and DO what it is I need to DO!
*Cake
*Decorations
*Food
*Games
*Goodie Bags
*Wrapping paper
*Card
Thanks for all of your help! Just send me the bill...
Jemmers :)
2 comments:
Do you have a theme? Once we picked a theme everything else came together really well. And www.orientaltrading.com is a great source for goodie bags and such.
Thanks for the giggle :) Too cute. You know, I laughed because it's funny but also because I can RELATE!! :) Good luck with the party DOING.....
Post a Comment