I'm sorry...It's just that I have a lot going on in my mind right now. Which is strange, seeing as I have never had anything in there before!
I think I love him more, simply because of that statement!
But I totally see where he is coming from. My mind has been crazy lately, much more than normal. Kids coming in and out. Another baby in the home. Home improvement projects being started and then, you know...waiting for more starting. Swim lessons with Cutie Pie...the fish. Another season of Prison Break already begun. And this whole "adoption" thing. It is really weighing on me.
I feel strange about the whole thing. I don't know why...and then, I kinda do. It is a mixture of guilt and extreme measures of happiness. She has been with us since she was just four days old...and is now over nine months old. We have considered her to be ours for some time now. Even though, clearly, she was not. I can't decide if it is the lack of parental involvement (read: None) or the fact that she is a baby. Or because I want her to be mine. *Did I just say that??!!*
I find myself planning things for her. Her future. Her life here. Her life with us. What classes I will put her in. What sports she will play. If she will one day hate me and decide to run away to grandma's house because I would not allow her to date a boy with piercings and tattoos when she's eleven.
If she will even be mine at all.
That is mostly why this whole "adoption" thing has been a little hush-hush. We just don't know...And I hate not knowing!
Picture removed by...well, me!
Jemmers :)
7 comments:
Oh my gosh what a sweetie!!! So cute! I can't imagine how trying these times are for you. I wish more than anything that she is there for good, you're the only momma she's known. Take care!
A-freaking-dorable!
Praying for you!
I love that picture! I can't imagine the feelings you have right now, but please know we are praying for you and that sweet little girl!
Not that this will bring you ANY comfort....or peace...but, I get it...I totally get it. It is one of the MOST painful jobs...and rewarding. I applaud you for giving her your heart...with no promise of anything in return.
BTW...total cutie!
praying....
She is ADORABLE!!
Too Cute! It is so hard to imagine a future for these kids and so, so hard Not to imagine a future for them. They are ours even if they only stay a short while.
Ohhh what a beauty!!!!
I know all about spinning around as of late. I am praying for you all, for Cutie Pie, and for the teen with her baby. And that you don't always have to do all the chores there.
**hugs**
Post a Comment