Thursday, May 22, 2008

Move Faster, Lady!!

Before I tell this totally funny story, I wanted to thank all of you for your amazingly supportive and loving comments on the last two posts. I really appreciate them all! :)

Ok, so this morning, as a part of my "motherly/wifely/thinking I got the raw end of the deal" duties I was at the grocery store. Actually, I was loading up my van and getting ready to head on home. I just put cutie pie's car seat in the van and made my way to the back.

I see this SUV thing just sitting there, with two elderly ladies inside, behind my van. Waiting with turn signal on. Now, since I get there pretty early I had a nice spot close to the entrance, right next to the row of handicap spaces. Prime real estate. Now, there were plenty of open spots all around me. One a car down...one directly across from me. But it seems as if they wanted this one!

They sat there for a good 2 minutes. They may have gotten tired of watching me place each bag of groceries into my van as if they each had their own assigned seating...cause they left for a moment. But, with a lap around the lot, they returned. Blinker signal and all.

I don't know about you...but I hate being watched. Hate it! And here I am, after an hour and a half in the grocery store, loading my van...dreading going home to unload the van that I just loaded...being stared down.

I turned their way a few times...smiled...and went back to my completely over thought process of loading groceries. I was finally done. I closed the trunk...turned and smiled...parked my cart in one of those cart holding thingies...and made my way back to my van. Still being watched.

Now, I thought about staying there a few moments longer to enjoy the rest of my cold coffee that I was unable to finish....but I could feel their eyes glaring at the back of my skull. So I politely backed out...and drove off. And they got their spot...only a mere 5-7 minutes later!

Jemmers :)

4 comments:

zunzun said...

but you were cool as a cucumber...being watched makes me nervous and brings out my oh-not-so-graceful tedencies which means I probably would have dropped a few bags, hit my head or hand with the car door, turned the ignition on TWICE and if on a really particularly bad day backed right into them!LOL

Foster Mom to Many said...

LOL! I'm the same way- I hate being watched. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I'd have probably sat there and used my cellphone for a few minutes just out of irritation!

Anonymous said...

I HATE it when people do that! So (sadly, I admit) I take my sweet time. One Christmas, I sat in my parking spot for 9 minutes while people honked at me and screamed obscenities. I don't know that I have the gall to do that these days, but sometimes you just want to chill for a second without rushing around all the time!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it hilarious that people will spend more time waiting for a parking spot than just walking to the store a few feet further? I actually had to laugh when a lady glared me down at the parking spot at the gym. THE GYM! You know she went in and worked her butt off once she got inside, but that parking spot by the front door was apparently hers!