Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Heart Will Follow!

I don't believe that you can ever be fully prepared for any situation. Even if you have been through it before...a number of times. And even when you have all the right tools and resources...they are never enough.

True, you may be able to react differently or see a better out come than the last. But it is never any easier. You still feel helpless. You still blame yourself. You still have this empty feeling inside of you...not knowing what will happen.

Diva ran away from school on Monday. And I had no clue what was happening. Your mind just races with all the possibilities. And they never include being at a friends house having a tea party. It is always worse.

As I sat and waited, it now being 9:30pm, I just cried. No one was doing enough to find her, in my mind. I think the waiting is the hardest.

She did return at 11:30pm. Knocking on the back door. Fell into my arms and cried. I was just happy to see her alive at that point. She had gotten in trouble at school, was mad and just left. She did not want me to be mad at her for what had happened...so in her mind, running away was the only option.

I have been through this way too many times. But I am glad she is back, safe and sound.

Jemmers :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This post scared me to death then made me cry along with you and her. Thank the Lord she is now home safe and sound. Thank God she has you and your husband. I will pray for her and for all of you.

Angela :-) said...

We are almost (re-)licensed for foster care. It sounds likely that we'll have a teen girl placed with us. Our kids are 9, 5, 4, & 2. Should be interesting.

Angela :-)

Anonymous said...

So sad, I can only imagion how she came to that conclusion of running away must be the answer. Yes, i don't think you can ever be prepared for that. I am glad she came home.