Monday, April 21, 2008

Lions, Tigers and Bears! Oh My!!!

This weekend, we packed up all the kids, the stroller, a bunch of snacks and drinks, our umbrellas and headed to the Zoo. I LOVE the Zoo! Always have. And I wanted to be able to share the experience with Maya.

Despite the rain in the afternoon, we had a great time. We combed goats.



We played with clowns. We growled with the bears. Who were busy sitting in a water hole resting their head on a rock!


We touched fish. We rode a carousel. Maya was attacked by a Goose. (And is now afraid of ALL birds!) We walked in the rain.


We watched the Elephants eat watermelon. We visited the Manatees.



We skipped the monkeys and pretty much the entire Australian wild life. But we had an awesome day!!!!

Jemmers :)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait until we can get to the zoo, we LOVE it! :) Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Trinity13 said...

I thought about taking the boys this Saturday. For every 6 cans of food we donate at the zoo, we get a free admission. But, it will probably be very busy!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

OK have you ever seen Veggie Tales: The Wizard of Ha's?

It's hysterically funny. And there's a great silly-song in it that says, "If it has a tail, it's a monkey, if it doesn't have a tail, it's an ape!" Rob and I have been singing it for days now!

And when they meet the "Tin Man" someone says "TIN MAN! Rusted!" like in the song Love Shack.

It's soooooo funny!

And there's a great joke about Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my!

Glad to know you had some fun! I like the zoo, too!

Raffy Jay said...

My sister and I love animals. I prefer looking at them, and reading everything about them. My sister wants to be more personal. Touching them, caring for them.