Having so many age groups in one household is difficult at times. As I am sure it is for other families. It just does not seem to get any easier!
First, there is the baby. She needs fed every four hours and naps for 2 hours in between.
Second, is the 3 year old. She will be starting pre school soon. She also needs lots of attention and supervision. She eats every 30 minutes! (if you let her!) :)
Last, is the teenager. She has school...so I drop her off in the morning by 8:20am.
But wait...the baby's first feeding is at 6:45 - 7:00am. (I get up at 6am so I can get ready) So we get done close to 8am. (She takes about an hour each time.) Which means she will need to eat again at 11am.
Don't forget about the 3 year old. I have to wake her up, get her dressed, get her some milk before she dies. If we have time, she eats cereal with milk. If not...if she can't wait...it is cereal in a baggie. Which we are NOT happy about.
Then I change baby, dress baby, pass out meds, try to pour me my coffee I made 2 hours ago, let the dog out (who has to be just about ready to explode). Put coats and shoes on. Load everyone into the van....and off to school we go. Where I listen for 10 minutes about how unfair it is that I even make her go to school.
Then, we usually visit the all time favorite...Wal-Mart store. Because who knew a teen could drink 24 bottles of water in a 3 day period. And then we need those 7 items that were on my list that I did not get...because it was somewhere on the floor of the store, since Maya thought I would not need it.
Then home...or visits depending on the day. It is a rush to get ALL of my chores done before the baby needs fed again. Then....feed baby at 11....take a brake to fix Maya some lunch. Finish feeding baby. Lay both girls down for a nap by 12:30pm.
Check on the noise I heard, 5 times. Try to eat SOMETHING. Contemplate warming up my coffee that I NEVER had a chance to drink. Do somethings that I am not able to do while the girls are awake...check e-mail, go to the bathroom, fill out paper work.
At 2pm, I wake up the girls. Shove them in there coats and shoes, half asleep. Pick up Diva by 2:30pm. Run home and feed baby. Listen to Diva complain about all of the homework that she has that she just cannot do! Start the preparations for dinner around 4 or 4:30. Depends on if we have any home visits or appointments. Dinner by 5:30pm. Clean-up dinner, give girls a bath. Feed the baby around 6:30 or 7pm. Girls in bed by 7:30pm.
My dad usually calls around 7:30 or 8pm. I talk to him. Help Diva finish her homework. Try to read the same book I have been reading since Cutie Pie was born. Start preparations for Diva's night time routine. Catch about 3 minutes of a TV show. Get meds out, get bottles ready for next day. Notice that the dog has NO food....and wonder for a moment the last time I fed her was. Guessing it has been a while by the way she gobbles it down. Start the dishwasher. Take out the remaining load of laundry from the dryer. Begin to fold...but then realize that I may just fall over dead if I don't go to bed.
I am in bed by 10:30 or 11pm. I try to talk to my hubby...but my eyes just will not remain open. Then I get up at least 2 more times, because I can't remember if I locked the doors. Then I think I fall asleep...but it is quickly 5:30am...time to start it all again!
And to think that I wanted 10 children!!! I must be insane!!!!
Jemmers :)
4 comments:
Different age groups does make it more difficult, in my opinion. As well as in fostering, there's the added factor of everyone getting used to everyone else.
Angela :-)
bwhahaha!
"...somewhere on the floor of the store, since Maya thought I would not need it."
our grocery list always ends up shredded and wadded up, sometimes chewed on and always unreadable by the time we leave walmart. it seems to be dillon's favorite plaything as soon as we get to the store, so i ALWAYS forget at least one item. okay, usually way more than that.
Dude, just reading that made me tired.
Can the teenager pitch in sometimes to help take a tiny bit of the load off you?
Whew! I am right there with ya!! Just a quick question, since I seem to have forgotten - are you hoping to adopt from foster care if that possibility opens up, or just straight fostering? Just curious! I am doing the "I'm not worthy" pose just thinking about you having a teen in the house now!!
Post a Comment