As we approach the year anniversary of Fostering...we will have fostered 6 children. In a year! That is a lot!!! They seem to just come and go, don't they?? And that makes for some sore eyes and heavy hearts at times. And other times it is a joyous experience to see a family reunited. Or it is a relief, knowing what you had just been through...and knowing that it was as far as you could go.
So, G-lo is no longer here. Even though he does call a few times a day! :) It is the best thing right now. For everyone involved. And he knows very well that he is still apart of this family.
As I process his leaving, I am preparing for a new arrival. A 14 year old girl. I am not sure if I am ready for this....but that does not seem to matter or even be the point. :)
This part has been a tough one for me to write...or say out loud to anyone. And the only reason I write it here is for me. To almost confirm it in a way.....
A and I were talking the other night. I told him my usual "I want my own baby! So bad!" And he replied (shockingly), "Me too."
So, we have decided to try, again, for a child of our own. Not that anything will come of it. It is and always has been and will be in God's hands. But it is a decision that I feel good about. It has been over a year since we have "tried", so this is a pretty big deal. Or not...I am not sure.
Oh...and the girls are doing great!! We are just growing, and learning and having fun!!!
Jemmers :)
3 comments:
Exciting news! Good luck to you and your husband on the TTC and on welcoming the teenager. I pray it all works out for you. My husband and I are fostering now (since June 07) and we found ourselves pregnant around Thanksgiving. Total shock. Four & 1/2 years TTC, four miscarriages and finally we're pregnant again! God is good and His timing, although a hard pill to swallow, is perfect. Maybe your conversation with your husband is the Holy Spirit working!
Thank you for the encouragement!!!! And wonderful news for you and your hubby!!! :)
So, how is fostering going for you?? Feel free to e-mail me anytime at princessjemmers@yahoo.com. If you want!
Jemmers :)
Jemmers. Sweet dear friend. ((hugs))
You are so strong and amazing. A is so awesomely supportive... and I pray more than anything that you two are successful.
Any of my options right now are not set in stone... but my Hope is in Christ and not in mankind... so I know my hope is not misplaced.
Know that I pray for you and hold you in my heart and sincerely wish that this time is the charm.
Love much!
Post a Comment