I have had a day! A very long and mean day. A day where all you want to do at the end of it is eat one hundred m&ms and curl into a ball and cry!
Being a parent is tough! Doing it practically all on your own...is brutal! I know that I am not alone here...that many families operate this way! How...I am not sure!
First, my dogie Ella is very sick. I had to take her to the vet and pay $200...sick. Pay $200 that I did not have....sick. Try to take her to the vet with two small children by myself...sick. Then, I get home (pretty much already defeated!) and it was time to give her medicine. She HATES medicine. So much, that she can find a pill stuffed in the center of a hot dog covered in peanut butter...and not eat it! So, I asked G-lo to help me give her the meds (liquid form). He tried to pry her mouth open.....while I was begging him to stop...and she bit him.....four times. Drawling blood.
So, I have to call in an incident report...that my dog bit my son. Not the best call you can make. The case manager took G-lo to the urgent care where he received meds...just in case. And I will get a phone call from "someone" about my dog that now bites children. (one more incident and she will be removed...without question)
I am in tears. Big time. I have 2 visits from case workers and nurses coming for cutie pie. I have a sick dog and a son with a dog bite. And I spent my Christmas money on a $200 vet bill. And nothing ready for dinner.
Overwhelmed!!!
To top it all off....my smoke alarms went off in full chorus...as Maya danced around screaming in fear that the imaginary fire would get her! For 10 minutes. For no apparent reason...other than someone thought it would be fun to watch me cry...again!
A is now home. Girls are bathed and asleep. Ella received her meds...thanks to Sha-Daddy! G-lo is wrapping presents. And mommy...well she is here. All puffy-eyed and exhausted.
Just another day at the office!
Jemmers :)
4 comments:
Oh girl, I have had those days before. One thing my husband always says to me "it will be better tomorrow." I'm always angry when he tells me this, but then he is right, it is always better tomorrow. I hope you get a goodnights sleep and your day is better tomorrow. (((hugs))) Your an awesome mom!!!!
Awwww, I'm sending hugs your way my dear!!! I hope things are going better today!
Thanks, guys!!!
It is a better day!! :)
****big hugs****
I feel for ya, girl. I know it's overwhelming, but you're a tough cookie and aren't you glad that EVERY DAY isn't like that?
Merry Christmas, sweet friend!
(ps is there any way you could change the options on the sign in for comments to allow persons to sign in with their wordpress ID? Some other bloggers have changed theirs and I just wondered.)
Post a Comment