I haven't written a "real" post in a while. Maybe, I will do that now.
I feel that my life resembles a roller coaster. It is full of ups and downs and dramatic turns and fearful, heart throbbing drop-offs. Some days start with me in "line" waiting for it all to begin. Well, most days. And some days I wish I could just skip this ride altogether. But that is not possible.
I love what I do. And I do not think having my own bio-children would be any easier. Parenting is HARD. It is gut wrenching-ly hard. And amazingly wonderful all at the same time.
I learn new things everyday. I am given challenges that I never thought I would face. I am able to connect with children that I never imagined possible. And most days I feel so unqualified. But I love it.
I did not start this thinking that it would replace my longing to have children of my own. And I hope no one ever thinks that. But it has filled a corner of my soul that was hungry for this....to be a mother. A mother to children that may already have a mother. A mother that they may need at this moment. A mother that may never see the product of their love and devotion to the child. A mother to many.
I still have those days where my heart aches for a child of my own. Where I feel broken and damaged. And I don't think I will ever fully understand why I must go through this. But I do trust that THIS is where I was meant to be.
Tears. Laughter. Confusion. Exhaustion. Delight. Joy. Pain.
I do love it!
Jemmers :)
4 comments:
You truly are awesome and I know God has great plans for you and your family. The greatest heroes recorded in the Bible experienced just what you described. Tears, laughter, confusion, exhaustion, delight, joy, pain. They lived life to the fullest and that is what you are doing too. ((hugs)) I truly do admire your obedience in all of this, and I don't think you are just going to make a difference in these young children who are brought into your home, you are also gaining years of wisdom (in such a short time!) to share with other parents and foster parents, and at such a young age!
Oh Jemmers my dear friend.... you are an amazing woman. I love you to pieces (and back together again).
You hit the nail on the head. I only hope that I can do as good a job (and be as patient, loving, caring, and kind) as you.
**hugs**
Jem... I just RSVP'd to the lady for Foster Parent Orientation classes.
It's one week from today.
I only hope I can show some love to these kiddos who need it so much.
You two are very sweet!!! Thank you for your support!!
Jay, I am so excited for you and hubby!! You are going to make simply amazing parents!!! :)
Post a Comment