Before I had children, I think I had this perfect idea about how it would be. And I would always swear that I would never do what "that mom" is doing! Oh Jemmers, how silly you are!
Now, I am "that mom". And I am ok with that!
* That was me, with my 2 year old in the back of the shopping cart, with my 1 year old in the front. She was sitting down...so that was a plus!!!
* See that little girl, running down the hallway with no supervision...entering an elevator?? She is mine!!! And I am right behind her, while holding my other daughter...screaming, "Stop that little girl!!"
* Yes, it is 7:30pm and we are eating ice cream. Bed time is only 30 minutes away!! Plus, it is daddy's turn to put the girls to bed! :)
* So what if we had chicken nuggets 3 days in a row. She is eating isn't she!!!!
* I did wear this outfit yesterday! I even slept in it! Will you watch my girls so I can change??
* Screaming loudly, in the super market, is a past time! At least they are not swearing at anyone!
* Yes I did learn not to set my cart so close to the shelves! Those glass jars just fly right off...and make a HUGE mess!
* Don't worry....that is her shoe that she is chewing on! She will stop to throw it at me in just a minute if you are that worried about it!
It is all about battles, people! Choose them wisely!!!
So, do you have any "that mom" moments?? Please say you do...and that I am really not the world's worst mother ever!!!!
Jemmers :)
3 comments:
Let's see...
I quit trying to clean the toys up every evening, what's the point? They'll just drag out every single one as soon as their eyes open.
Bella had perfectly warmed food to eat as a baby. Ava's is fresh out of the fridge. Cold peas are yummy, right?
I bribe Bella at the store. She gets $1 thing from the One Spot at Target when she behaves.
I don't force Bella to eat. She eats when she's ready and eats great stuff like salads and broccoli so I'm not fussin!
Our children co-sleep with us. Never ever intended to do that, it just is and I've come to terms with it, even allowing myself to like it :)
There's no perfect parent. It is all about choices you make and choices you give your kids.
-Restaurant booths are a perfect hiding spot for a much needed diaper change. (If you're not going to have a baby changing station, anywhere is good!!)
-The 5 second rule totally applies!
-As long as my boys are feed and cared for, I shouldn't care about their hair sticking up all over the place, right?!
-Finding cheerios stuck to the baby's butt is a daily occurance. And finding a cheerio in my hair is def not unheard of!
-Who cares if the baby is pulling my hair...anything to keep him from fussing.
-My hubby loves finding clumps of my hair throughout the house! :-)
**hugs**
I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering if you were so busy being Mommy that you didn't have time to update us all in what's happening in your life.
Glad to know you take it with a bit of humor.
Have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment