At Maya's visit with her mom today, we were greeted by Grandma. Which is great. I love that her family wants to see her and misses her!! Some kids are not so lucky.
So we go inside, and Grandma says that she has a surprise for Maya. WOW!!! They brought her a present! How sweet!!! And she was soooo excited.
Ya know what the surprise was??? No??? Any guesses????
Here is a hint.....Last week they made a comment about, well...I will quote it, "What the heck is she doing to her hair??!!"
That is it! Grandma brought a hair brush. To do Maya's hair. The hair that I spent 20 minutes on this morning. That looked totally cute.
She came walking out looking like Rudy off of The Cosby show....20 years ago.
I guess you can't please everyone!! I should have known that the hair is more important than the fact that she can say sentences now, and goes to sleep all by herself. And sings almost every song off of the kids CD I have! Silly me!!
From now on...it is all about the hair!!!
Jemmers :)
3 comments:
Wow. The hair? Really? Motherhood just got worlds easier!
**hugs**
J... some people have whacked out priorities. But you're a good mama and you're all about the kids. Don't buy into that load of crap the grandma was selling
Interesting. Think it was pride? A cultural thing? Deeper than that? Seems a very deliberate move on the part of the Grandma.
Don't let it bother you too much. You are an angel in this child's life to care for her when obviously family couldn't/wouldn't.
Post a Comment