Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Hurt that Keeps on....Hurting!

Oh, FS!!! Why are you doing this to yourself...to me?? I know that you are upset and angry and whatever else.......but, let me tell you this one more time. This is NOT my fault! I am NOT the horrible "B" you keep suggesting that I am.

You are no longer here because of YOUR choice. Not mine. And if you could have shown some sort of growth and ownership in this, maybe you would still be here. But you are not there yet. And you know what, that is ok.

But what is not ok, is constantly taking it out on me. I do not deserve this kind of treatment. I did nothing but love you the best I could. And I know that this was one of your biggest issues. But I choose not to let that hinder how I feel. You may not believe me or even care, but I love you very much. And I miss you.

But who I am, who A and I are as parents.....that will not change. We have our beliefs and morals and values. And the rules and guidelines that we placed in our home were for your benefit. Not to hurt you, or to try to change you. We want you to be who you are. There were just certain things that we could not allow. And I refuse to apologize for them.

I do encourage you to call or write any time. But please give me the respect that I deserve. That is all I ask. You can be angry and hate me all you want......but you may not treat me with disrespect any longer.

I loved you very much. I love you still. And I will always love you.

Mom

2 comments:

Real Life in South Carolina said...

I've gotten caught up on your blog over the last couple of days. I feel your pain in having to let your FS go - talk about tough love! But you did the right thing. And I know how much it hurts when you love someone so much and they treat you like you are out to get them, to ruin their lives, when all you are trying to do is help. I'm going through that with my teenager!

And I think it is wonderful that you have these two babies in your home and that you are taking good care of them. They are blessed to have you and I know they treasure your love! Don't worry about the sweeping and dusting...it can wait! Thank you for continuing to share through your blog!

Jenny said...

**hugs**

Amen, my sister in Christ. I couldn't have said it better myself.