I have to tell you.....lately, things have been going really well. Yes, we have had our moments...and some tough times! But I am really starting to feel like we are doing something right! Like this whole thing is real. There is a closeness, that was not there before.
FS has been talking a lot about adoption lately. He even told ME about it! And I can feel the change. He seems to have a general respect for me. And even though he does not want to call me mom, (He calls me Grandma instead. I heard this is normal! A whole other topic!)I feel like his mom! The one he actually likes!
The boy has really changed! He is the same old pain in my butt as when he first came.....but he is sweet, and funny, and really a wonderful boy! He is still very hurt and angered and sad....but he is working through some of those issues. And I am really proud of him!
We saw his mother today. For the first time in almost 2 months. She thanked me for bringing him to see her...even though he never spoke a word to her. And even though she has made some horrible choices and treated him terribly...she loves him....very much. She is his mother. Nothing can change that.
But I am doing my best to be the mother he needs right now...the mother that she cannot be. Because I love him too!
Jemmers :)
4 comments:
Sounds like some walls of his are finally breaking down! Wonderful!!!
Keep up the good work, Mom! He may not understand that his biological mom loves him, but I think he most definitely understands that you love him and it's good that he knows there is someone out there who does!
**hugs**
How wonderful and amazing that the walls are coming down. :-)
You are a mom in every way.
You provide guidance, comfort, care, encouragement, warmth and LOVE.
I'm moved by your commitment and devotion to this boy.
Post a Comment