Saturday, June 30, 2007

And then, you have days like this!!!!

I am only writing this so I can get all of my feelings out about the subject. Not as if to alarm anyone....or to sway any one's feelings or opinions about fostering. I am writing this for me.

Last night was very troubling to me. I am not sure exactly what to do with it. As I paced my bedroom floor....brushing every last bit of enamel from my teeth, I still had no idea. No comfort, no relief in what to do.

I am big on over reacting. And the last 3 months have been a huge lesson for me in self control. So, I did not want to make anything worse. As I sat there, staring at FS, trying to wrap my head around what he had just said....the adrenaline was pumping. So much, that my cheeks felt as if they were on fire.

Now, in a normal family situation, I am not sure that this would even come up. But since we are far from normal...in any instance...do I just chalk this up to how FS tries to control the situation? How he tries to intimidate me? Maybe he thought he was being cool?? But I felt threatened. I know that in his world...the world he lived in out side of here, was one in which this may have been ok. But we are not in that world! We are in my living room...in my house....and this is not ok.

Ok...so FS was playing with our dog, Ella. He can get pretty rough with her. And she does bite...not a hard bite...just a playful one. She kinda just puts her mouth around whatever object is closer to her. He was messing with her, and I was too. Well...I guess she snapped at him, and he THREATENED that if she bit him and drew blood that he was going to KILL her!

I told him that joking like that was not funny. He told me he was not joking, that he would do it. He said that it was not a threat.....it was a promise! I lost it...inside, of course. I gave him 3 chances to change his tune. I told him that I was taking what he was saying seriously...and it was unacceptable to threaten ANYONE or ANYTHINGS life...EVER!!! And I was not going to tolerate it!

I was shaking so hard. I know that not every one may agree with me that this was a big deal....but to me it is a big deal!!!! He threatened a life! And he needs to learn that you can not go around making threats like this and not expect there to be consequences.

And the consequences here are.....He must apologize to me and he is grounded from the computer for the weekend. Or maybe the week. And he is not to touch Ella or play with her roughly until he can calm down.

Ok...well...I am still really mad! Maybe some retail therapy will help!

Jemmers :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

It's a huge deal. It's been proven that children who torture animals are much more likely to engage in violent crimes when they grow up. So that makes it a really big deal.

**hugs**

Hope things are better now.

Jenny said...

Just wondering if all is well in your little corner of the world.

**hugs**

Amanda said...

retail therapy ALWAYS helps. well, till the bills roll in.

you are right to set firm ground rules! especially about Ella! she is your original baby, right?