Thursday night I laid in bed and whispered to A that I really wanted a baby. I asked him if he thought that they would ever call with an infant that needed a home....my home. He told me that he believed that it will happen! No doubt.
The next morning, I get a call from the intake director that there is a child that is needing a home and that ours would be perfect for him. He was 17 years old....with many of the same problems that we are dealing with FS. NOT a baby!! A 17 year old boy.....17...not a baby!
I can see God up there saying...Gotcha!! :) Ok, maybe not. But it was pretty funny to A and I....after the fact!!! I ask for a baby...and he brings me a 17 year old!!!
We decided against bringing in another child into our home this soon. We just do not feel that FS is ready yet. He has made such great progress, that we don't want to do anything to mess that up! But I am getting pretty excited about the possibility of more children! (even a baby!!!!) I just want to make sure that when we do, that it is right for our family!
But this was a good lesson on listening to that still small voice. It was hard, but I feel good about our decision....even though I would love to take in all children...I can't! And I am ok with that...for now!
Jemmers:)
5 comments:
You two definitely made the right decision...FS needs some more time to himself.
I love it that we serve a God who has a sick sense of humor....makes Him that much more tangible.
I love your perspective. I agree, it is too soon for FS to have to share his wonderful parents.
Post a Comment