Friday, May 25, 2007

The Road I Travel!

I don't even know how or where to begin.

This week was the worst, by far. I knew that this whole parenting thing would be hard. And that there would be days that I would feel that I could not deal with anything. And I knew that having a teenager that has pretty much already been raised, was going to be a challenge. And that I was going to have a lot of learning to do.

But knowing that in my head....and going through it in reality are two totally different things!!!

One, you can have an idea about what you would do in each situation. What you would say. How you would react. What this would all look like. It is SO much prettier in your head!

In reality, those ideas and thoughts and pictures....are pretty much non-existent. It is harder. It is tougher. It takes more strength and patience than you ever thought possible. But somehow you do it. You deal with whatever it is, and try your best to make it through.

You may fight back tears. Or even angry words. You may bite your tongue so you do not end up giving the reaction that they are seeking. You may feel like banging your head against the wall. Or plead with God on what is it that you are not doing right. You may blame yourself. You may want to give up.

But the only thing you CAN do.....is move forward. Fight through those bad times. And rejoice at every victory....no matter how few and far between they may be. And pray that tomorrow it will be better!

I think I have learned more about myself in this short time, than I have in my entire life. God has taken me down this path for a reason....for a purpose. And He has said, that He will not give you more than you can handle.

Apparently, I can handle a lot!!

Jemmers :)

4 comments:

Trinity13 said...

You are doing such a wonderful job my friend!!! Keep it up!

Jemmers said...

Thanks, Trin!!! That means a lot to me!!

:)

Valerie said...

Hey, I really enjoyed meeting you and FS today! I hope we get to know each other better.

Jemmers said...

That would be wonderful!! It was awesome to meet you and one of your beautiful daugthers!!