Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I am a Mom!

I was sitting on the couch enjoying a little breather before getting dinner started when FS came in the room. He had not been in the best of moods, so I was trying to give him some space.

He told me to close my eyes and hold out my hand. I did.....and when I opened my eyse, there was a card that he made me.

It said...

Happy Early Mother's Day! From FS and A.

And on the back it said in alternating blue and red ink...

Happy early Mother's day, Mom. Have a great day!

How sweet is that??!! I am a mom!

I was begining to wonder.

Jemmers :)

5 comments:

Trinity13 said...

How sweet!!!

Katrina A. said...

WOW!!! Having known lots of foster families, you know that is a HUGE deal! You're obviously doing great MOM.

Jemmers said...

I know, Trin!!!

Katrina...it is huge...and it took me by surprise! Big time!!!

Jennboree said...

That's so wonderful! The obvious impact you've had on this boy's life is truly moving.

Real Life in South Carolina said...

I can't believe how much you've touched this boy in such a short amount of time. It just seems like the scars and wounds on this young man's heart would keep him from expressing anything that might make him feel vulnerable. That just goes to show that he feels safe w/ you and trusts you. I just know God is going to reach this boy and do something awesome in his life!