Since FS arrived, I have been trying to make sure that nothing changes that does not have to....or at least without warning. He has already been through so much "out of control-ness" that I am trying to keep things a bit stable for him....well as much as I can.
Yes, I know that certain things will happen that are out of my control...duh...I know that! How ever silly as it sounds...it works for us! If something changes, I let him know right away and we talk about it. If something does not have to change...then I try to make sure it doesn't. The more stability the better. The more I remind him about certain things, especailly things like doctor appointments and therapy and case worker visits, the better he is before during and after them.
I need someone in my life to do this for me!
My dad just informed me on Sunday that he is moving out of the house and divorcing my mom. I knew this was coming. They have not been happy for a LONG time. But it is still hard...and it is shaking my world! But I must remain strong...for me and for my family and for my parents! It is what I do! Always have! I just hope I can hold on till the end!
Jemmers :)
7 comments:
I will def keep you and your family in my prayers as you all go through this seperation...and if you need to talk, I'm only a phone call away!!!
Wow, makes my family drama look pretty insignificant right now. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Blessings.
Thank you Trin!!! :)
Katrina, thank you for your prayers!!
I'm so sorry - I think it's just as hard seeing your parents do that when you're an adult as when you're a kid. My prayers for you all.
I'd just started college when my dad told me he was going to divorce my mom. It is hard, even when you are all grown up. Hang in there. You are a strong, strong woman inside that cute little body of yours!
And the wisdom you are displaying with your FS is amazing. You truly have been called by God to serve as a foster mom because God knew he could rely on you to listen to His wisdom and voice. You are reliable and loving - just what this kid needs right now in his life. I'm cheering you on as always! You go girl!
man. that sucks. (i don't usually say that word, but it DOES!)
i'll be praying for you!
Jemmers -- **hugs**
You're a strong person and you CAN hold on, but you'll need to grieve in your own way, in your own time.
Prayers for you, m'dear.
Post a Comment