Gone are the days of relaxation and doing whatever I want! Gone! Buh-bye! So long and farewell!
Now....now my life is what I compare to as a roller coaster.
You start off at a nice and steady pace...feet dangling ready for a fun "ride". Then you slowly begin your journey up a gigantic hill which can only end one way....in a gigantic drop! This could be a good or a bad thing...depending how you feel about roller coasters.
You can approach this with your hands waving high in the air screaming in pure joy.....OR
You can hold on as tightly as humanly possible to your seat with your eyes shut tight praying to God that he save you from what seems to be your sudden death.
Choosing this option is what we mostly lean toward, at least at first. It seems to be the "easy" way out. But what we don't realize is that we are letting fear guide our lives. Not a great thing!
By choosing the first option...to just go with it and have fun, you are opening yourself up to new experiences and great memories. Yes, it is totally scary to face the unknown eyes wide open and arms waving in the air.....but the most growth happens when you face your fears head on. And then you are more prepared for the next "ride".
So, in my life...the roller coaster....I am choosing to dangle my feet with glee and wave my hands high in the air and get excited about the "ride" ahead. Otherwise, I would still be in line waiting for the tea cups...a much safer option. And safe...is not on my agenda!
And here is the kicker....on a roller coaster....you are NOT in control! At all! Once you are on...you are on! No stopping the ride mid cycle! This is where faith comes in.
So what is the name of my roller coaster?? Being a Mom! Of a teenager! It is chocked full of bumps and drops and upside down turns. But boy...is it a blast!!
What is your roller coaster named?
Jemmers :)
5 comments:
First of all, I am SO GLAD you are back among the land of the blogging! I have MISSED you!
Secondly, major kudos to you and A for your choice to foster parent. I look forward hearing more about this crazy ride you're on.
Rock on!
Oh, and my roller coaster is named "Toddler Twister"!
Ahhh...thanks Amanda!! I am glad to be back!
And I am only doing this...because that is what the Lord wants me to do.
Love your coaster's name!
Mine is my niece named Mindy, age 16. Also it's named going to the RE again... and a hubby with two jobs. (He's a pastor, so that makes me.... a pastor's wife. Yay.)
I'm glad that you have your heart and mind open to everything that's involved with this. You are amazing, dear.
i love hearing about your new experiences. you are an inspiration!
Love the post! My coaster is called the Ferocious Foursome.
Post a Comment