Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Day My Life Began!

My dearest Eva Grace,

It seems unreal to only be celebrating our one year "Gotcha Day"! Really....it is hard to imagine a day without you in it. After years of praying for you...to actually have you.....is amazing! And I treasure every minute of it.

When you were first adopted, I had a hard time accepting that you were ours. And I even made a point to tell others that you were adopted. Not totally sure why. I guess I am just crazy! Or, I was just so excited and proud to have you as a part of my life!

We were given an incredible gift. And as I have said many times over, God created you in anothers womb especially for your dad and me. Really!! When I look into your beautiful brown eyes, I see your dad. You have his sparkle and love for life! I see myself in your funky sense of humor and your laughter! You are kind and fun loving. You are sweet and hilarious. You are a huge girlie girl with a touch of tom-boy flare! You are the smartest 2 year old that I have ever met! You may even be smarter than me! :)

I love you soooo much!!!! You are super special! And I am honored to be your mom! I would not change a thing! And please know, that I will always be here for you! And I have always wanted you! And I am very proud of you!

You are my princess.

Love always,
Mommy

4 comments:

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

This is so perfect :) What a blessing she has been to you, and you have been to her!

Happy Gotcha Day!

cloudmaster said...

As it should be!!

Jenny said...

Beautiful. Well said. Happy Mother's Day!

Angel said...

I am not easily brought to tears, but your poem made me cry. Happy mothers day.... a little late:)