Saturday, April 10, 2010

When you can't have children of your own....

You foster those who can!

Haha!

Ok....so we have been one month without a foster child in our home! (New record for us!) Except for the occasional babysitting of other's foster children! And I was asking God to show me what direction he wants us to go.....and then I got the call.

She is a 16 year old who is pregnant and due in July. She has been in a group home for the past 6 months. Her rap sheet is longer than my grocery list. But she needs a safe place...a home....for her and her baby! Someone to support her during this time. Someone to show her how to be a mom! And, it just might be with us!

I am not really sure how I feel. This would not be our first teen mom. Actually, our third. But am I ready to do this again??? I have become so accustomed to our new routine and having Eva and mommy time! But that is just the selfishness talking! This is our life...at least for now.

We should know more next week. And then there will be pre-placement visits to make sure that this fits. And then come June, we will have a new member to our little family! Well...two new members in July!

We can so totally do this! I think:)
Jemmers :)

8 comments:

Life In Mazes said...

whew . . .praying for all of you!

Thankful said...

Wow! You calling to be a foster mom is inspiring. I am in awe.

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

You are awesome.

Whatever is the right decision, God will lead you there. You are FAR from selfish.

Sissy said...

I think it is so important that a teen mom have a role model. If there is no one to support them and teach them how to be a good parent there is a good chance they won't be!

MyLinda said...

Praying this young girl will accept you as her role model and learn to be a great mommy thru your guidance!

Unknown said...

Praying for knowledge and strength.

Many Blessings!
Angel

RaizenBoyz said...

I think we live in the same area sort of. send me an email. I would love to have a foster mom friend! ilovebeingmarriedtomike@gmail.com

cloudmaster said...

I'm sure you can do it. Just think about the possibility of teaching this new mother enough so that her child doesn't have to end up in foster care...That's what its all about!