I am one of those who lay awake at night thinking...about everything. Things that really mean nothing to things of great importance. There is also some worrying that goes on. Not as much as there used to be! But lately, my thought of been on the adoption of our daughter! Rightfully so...we have been waiting YEARS for a moment like this.
So what does adoption mean to me:
*I will truly be a mom!
*I will not have to worry about her leaving! At least until she is older and runs away to her aunt's house cause I am "mean"!
*Crying at the door as she leaves for her first day of school, without me.
*Watching her play a turkey in the school's Thanksgiving Day play!
*Hanging her "art" on the fridge with pride!
*Having b-day parties with her friends.
*Completing homework with her at the kitchen table.
*Watching her grow into a young lady.
*Going shopping for the perfect dress for a dance.
*Never getting to use my phone cause she is always on it!
*Trying to talk her dad into letting her go on a date with a group of friends...and convincing him not to follow them and spy.
*Visiting colleges together.
*Watching her graduate!
*Letting her leave and live her life.
*Watching her get married.
*Becoming a Grandma!
*Hoping I did all I could do to be the best mom for her!
*Maybe going with her to meet her bio parents one day...or helping her find them.
*Realizing that my love for her is so much more than I could have ever imagined...all those years I prayed for this!
Jemmers :)
3 comments:
Thanks for the reminder. We have been through most of that with all three of our biological children and a reminder of it is nice. It is certainly a lot of fun and you will enjoy it all!!! (at least in hindsight)
I'm happy with you that you will get to experience all these things with this baby girl. Congrats!
And now my dear you are free to dream! You keep me going! ;)
Post a Comment