Friday, January 2, 2009

Tidings of Great Joy!!!

Anthony and I have had many wonderful Christmases throughout our many years together! But having children for Christmas is the best! Yes, we spend WAY more money than we should. You have to brave the mall to meet Santa and get the totally expensive, terribly distressed picture of your child with him. You buy the outfits. You try so hard to start your own traditions. And hope that you can live out what Christmas is really all about while doing all these things!



A few days before Christmas, we received word that they are pushing the adoption through quickly! Which we are good with! Next Friday there is a Pre-Adoptive Staffing meeting to help decide the best home for Cutie Pie and if all of her needs are being met. I am starting to get a little excited...and letting myself think all of the things I would not allow myself to think before.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! *Only a week late!*

Jemmers :)

8 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

This is WONDERFUL news!!!
We have a TPR Advisory Hearing on Monday. I hope things will move more quickly in 2009!
Christmas with a child is just icing on the cake,isn't it?!

Jamie D said...

It's interesting what you keep your mind from wondering because the timing or circumstances aren't 'there' yet. Best wishes!

Dooneybug said...

She is just so precious! Cutie Pie reminds me of my little girl. I really hope things move quickly and they decide that you guys are the best place for her. You're all she knows and have been such terrific parents!! I will be praying for you!

cloudmaster said...

That is great news,,,,,good luck1

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes as you want it to.

loelsh said...

I am so excited for you guys! I hope everything goes super smoothly!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! Good for you, and God bless.

Currently, we're hoping and praying that Stormy's Uncle and Aunt are able to provide her a home sooner than later. My stomach is constantly tied in knots and I need to chillllllll.

*deep breaths*

Dearest Jessica said...

yeah!!! That is awesome!