Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Need to Control!

The sweet 11 year old will not be placed with us. Her worker has decided to have her remain in the current home for now. She does not want to encourage bouncing around when things get tough. And I totally agree....except...I fell in love with her. True, I seem to do that with most...it is my heart...I can't stop it!

But even though the worker did not ok the move, we would have had to pass on her. As much as I would love to have her stay here, it would have caused issues with Miss K. And that makes me mad...upset...hurt. I get that she feels threatened. She does not want to share her home, her foster mom. Ok....but to bully an 11 year old girl because you think you can...and then to tell me if I take her in that you would leave or hurt her.......

Yeah...I don't do threats! I don't do manipulation. I don't play games.

We are a foster home! We take in children that need a place to be safe and secure and loved. That is what we do! And I feel like it is so hard to do that with these kids. Diva was the same way! I just don't know.

I think what hurt me most was going over my head and basically trying to control the situation...like she has the right to decide who comes into our home....troubled children, those with special needs, angry and hurt. Saying she feels her daughter is in danger. Like I would bring in a child that would hurt the ones already in our home! Yes you have a voice, but not the final decision.

Whether she is sincere or not, I do hear her....her concerns. And she knows exactly how I feel about it. But I am mad. Because she is now effecting potential placements in our home....and I do not like that!

I guess we are to discuss all of this with our home worker and see if we can come to an understanding, next week.

I just feel played...
Jemmers

4 comments:

Jamie D said...

Wow, this is complicated! I despise manipulation, I hope you are dealing with it well. How old is her baby? And, how old is she?

Jemmers said...

Jamie,

She is 17 almost 18 years old. Her baby is almost 5 months old.

And to be fair...they are NEVER here. I do not take care of the baby. And she is at school, or work, or wherever...but not here. Her choice.

So that is why I am a bit uspet....and confused.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

This is a tough situation but I admire the stance you are taking. It is your house and you and your husband have the final say...AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wonder why she is so concerned if she isn't there so much!

Thanks for saying this:Yes you have a voice, but not the final decision.

Stormy sooooo believes she is the final decision maker sometimes and it annoys the daylights out of me1

There is something going on with her that I cannot figure out. She's going to hang with some friends tomorrow and I know we can't keep her from every bad thing known to mankind, but I have the feeling she will run wild.

Way not cool.

**hugs** and I hope you have a happy new year!