This little being is given to you to watch over, protect and help to flourish. They do not come with a manual...and there is no real "right way" of doing anything. So I am good...I will love and nurture and dress in super cute clothing and feed them at the appropriate scheduled time. And I will teach them how to do pretty much everything they need to know!
WAIT....teach them??? Ok....so, I am guessing that is harder than it sounds! Ummmm....yep! It sure is! You know, they have these target dates for your children to accomplish certain things. Yeah, and there are a lot of them. And even when they are able to do things that even you cannot do...it is that one teeny tiny thing that throws everything off center and pretty much sends your life into a tail spin. All because your child REFUSES to drink out of a sippy cup!!!!
Now I am sure there are worse things your child can refuse to do...like take baths, or not share, or...ok grasping here...or they can do that pinching the back of your arm thing! Oh...I hate that one! But I know, drinking from a cup is a pretty big deal. People were starting to talk. And I was beginning to worry.
Until today.....
I would like to present to you...Baby drinking from sippy cup!

Only took 15 minutes and lots of screaming...but she did it! And I have never been so proud!
Jemmers :)
4 comments:
Yay!!! I hope tomorrow brings more sippy cup success. (:
hi, i know you don't know me. i saw your blog through Mandi's blog and thought i'd say hi. any blog about fostering always catches my eye and my heart. we went through the PATH training to become foster parents but unfortunately live in Memphis where the DCS is screwed up. they wouldn't complete our home study due to the fact that we won't take teenagers. we're in the process of trying to get that reversed.....any support of other foster parents always helps so i wanted to let you know i am praying for your family and the journey you're on. am adding you to my list of blogs so i can keep up on your family and keep you in my prayers. thank you for sharing your story!
Yay Cutie Pie!!!!!
She is sooo beautiful!
She's a real little doll! YAY CUTIEPIE! You are blessed to have her we have foster/adopted 6 kids and have had the same fears as you with losing your little girl BUT GOD IS SO BIG! HE will keep her where she is safe and neeeds to be!
Post a Comment