Thursday, October 2, 2008

Miss Independent!!

I haven't spoken much about our teen mommy. Things are going ok. She is a lot easier, behaviorally, than I am used to. I commented to my worker that I am beginning to miss all of the drama. I need a crisis please! She laughed.

But even though behaviors are good, I am constantly trying to stay in the loop with what is going on in her life. Appointments, school, work, baby. I am always the last to know. And then I am stuck having to be the bad guy, or by having to rearrange everything in my schedule to accommodate hers. And it is frustrating.

She is just not used to having someone to care for her...and seeing as she will be 18in April, she is not really willing to start now. So we are trying to work on communication and letting me help her out. We are her 3rd foster home in less than a year, and we really want to be her last before she ages out of the system.

She is a really good kid. She has had to grow up really fast. And I am proud of her for making good choices and accepting her role as a young mom. And going to school and work and dealing with responsibilities here at home. And I am being patient....if she wants to let me in, then I will be here when that door opens! If not...I will still be there, waiting.

I think I may need to look up the word drama...and realize it never left! It just looks different!

Jemmers:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You two are a blessing! Bless you for the work you do!

YankeeAmanda said...

Do you know how amazing you are? Seriously, you should check - it's HUGE.