Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Would Not Say That I am Attached!!!

Just not really good at letting go...there is a difference.

I have noticed a lot lately that I am "attached" to certain things and a certain cute and lovable baby. But the things is what is wierd to me.

I mean, duh....cute baby...hard to not get attached. And it is so totally not strange that I cried as I put her in the nursery of a new church we were visiting. And how she almost did not make it inside the nursery...seeing as the lady at the window was trying to steal her from me! And could care less that I did not want to leave my baby with her...Just leave her. She will be fine. And get over it! **Hubby says that I heard the lady say a lot more than she really said. I told him that she said it with her eyes! So he rolled his!**

And the other day, I had dropped off a tote of Cutie Pie's clothes she had grown out of to a local children's clothing resale shop, and I cried as the lady accepted the cute pink onsie that had an apple on it and read "Apple of my Eye". And when she was packing up the rest of the itmes they could not purchase from me to donate to a local Mom's closet...I could barely breath.

And you would have thought that my eyes were going to pop out of my head when hubby merely sugested that we sell my Great Grandmother's yellow vase at our yard sale. Yes, it has been in a storage tote for years...but it was my Great Grandmother's.

It is not the stuff, so much, as the memories. I guess I am just a sentimental fool!

Jemmers :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh me too. And I hate that about myself, but I love it too.

So then you'll know, if you ever see me dressed up at a wedding, that the crinkled, scruffy clutch purse I carry was my grandma's who passed when I was 10.

And the ugly vase in the corner of my bedroom was Aunt Nina's.

And the bowl that sits on my kitchen counter (you know, the one that really needs to be thrown away) belonged to Granny Great.

Yep! I get it.

my life: said...

I have nothing to say...I'm the EXACT same way! Good luck...:0)

Violet said...

I have such a hard time getting rid of things! So, last time I was needing to purge, I had a friend come over and ask me questions like "do you need it" "Will you wear it again", or "Do you have similar items", and more. If I couldn't answer effectively, she took a picture of the item. This included the first African American doll I got, the dress I wore to a banquet with my first boyfriend (who died) which I have pictures of me in, and a stuffed animal my Great Aunt got me for valentines day.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I found your blog through another blog and I am so glad that I did! My husband and I are foster parents to an adorable 8 month old baby boy that joined our family when he was only 3 days old. We are hoping to adopt him but are waiting on the system to run its course.
I can totally relate to not being able to let go of things. It seems like I cry anytime there is some sort of change with our little guy...moving into a new size of clothing, lowering his crib, putting away the baby swing, etc. The memories are so sweet and I want to hold onto them forever!

Anonymous said...

Sentimental, yes, but NOT a fool! These feelings of attachment show just how much you care, and that's just sweet.

I'm the same way. Baby boy is no longer squeezing into his newborn clothes--only 7 weeks old--and he's in the next size up. I bagged up all of his newborn stuff and had a really hard time with it already!

They grow up so fast and life changes too quickly. I'm glad for the things to hold onto and cherish!