Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Are You Accepting Complaints??

Today was not the greatest of days. Now this is an improvement from how I felt earlier. I am much more calm and collected...and not AS mad! But I need to vent seeing as lodging a complaint will only cause harm and not good for our case!

Today was to be cutie pie's day in court. Nothing big was to happen...most likely the case was to be continued until next month. But I was told to go and bring baby girl. First, I was told that the hearing was on October 9th. Then, at our last visit, Miss Caseworker "corrected" me and said it was on the 8th. Ok...no big deal.

So, we get ready...looking all cute and adorable. I looked mostly tired. We dropped Miss K off at school and precious at her grandma's house. We get started on the freeway toward downtown. It was a very rainy day. I am not really a fan of rain. And cutie pie fussed the entire way there. Not sure why. She could be a tad bit spoiled...don't know how that could happen.

I grab my directions to the court house, find my way there and then somehow get redirected back to the freeway. Not exactly where I wanted to be. I get off...knowing a little bit about downtown...and find my way back to the courthouse, and the parking garage is full. So I find a parking lot and park there. It is just 3 blocks from the court house and it cost me $10. I can do this...baby in tow, with diaper bag and umbrella...and off we go in the rain to the court house. The 20 minute trip took me 45 minutes.

We get into the building, cutie pie talking to anyone that will look at her. We go through the metal detector thingy...and then pretended like we knew where we were going...and off we went. Luckily our case manager from the Bair Foundation was there, so she showed me the rest of the way! *LOVE her, by the way!*

We get to the 6th floor, look at all of the rosters for today hearings...and no cutie pie. And wait...no Case Worker from the county either. I call the worker, not there, of course. Cutie pie is tired and I have to use the potty in a bad way! Too much coffee. And the clerk comes over to us and tells us that our court date is scheduled for TOMORROW!!! That would be October 9th...the date I was told in the first place.

Since we were already there, my Case Manager, decided to locate the GAL (attorney) and introduce ourselves and let him meet baby girl. So we did. He was very nice. And they informed me that they will let me know when I need to come to court..that tomorrow's hearing was nothing I needed to be at. I explained I was asked to be there. But I will return whenever I am needed!

As we are leaving the court house, the County Worker calls. Oh yeah, it is tomorrow. And you don't have to come....*Gives me info that I already know*...I was thinking of another court date when I told you the 8th. Oooops...and I didn't think to call you with the changes. So sorry! Yeah, ok...thanks and bye!

I was so mad! I suggested that I make a complaint against her...for the countless other things she has done...But I was advised not to, so I do not jeopardize the possibility of us adopting her. Isn't that just totally fair???

Well...if everything goes according to plan, next months hearing will be to request PCC (permanent custody....adoption!!). So...that will be nice! I guess I can hold in my complaint for a few more months!!!

*Maybe*

Jemmers :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Ugh! It is beyond me why people can't seem to communicate these days. PICK UP THE PHONE PEOPLE!!! I am so sorry and I hope you get good news next month.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

What a frustrating day!!! I can totally relate to what you are going through. Our foster son has been with us since he was three days old (he is now 8 months old)and we have quickly learned that foster care is a crazy system! And don't even get me started on caseworkers! We've had a lot of difficulty with ours but I've never complained for the same reasons you mentioned. (:
I hope you get some closure real soon with miss cutie pie's adoption.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How maddening!

Hope everything went OK!

Trinity13 said...

What a pain...sorry babe!!! I will keep you guys in my prayers!