Sunday, August 17, 2008

As I Stare at the Baby Monitor....

*Things have been busy over here in our little home of crazy. I did respite for a 12 year old girl for a few days this week. And little girl, who I have had a few times, is back this week for respite! I just LOVE her! But all I do is feed and change babies. But really, what else do I have to do??

*We (hubby) have rearranged our kids rooms and painted the only room in our house that has never been painted.

*We are getting a new placement of Wednesday. We have had her here for respite a few times, and she is now in need of a new home. She is 17 years old and has a 3 week old little girl! PRECIOUS!!!!

*We are supposed to be doing a pre-placement (meet and then decide) visit with a 6 year old little girl in need of a new home. I am excited about this one. Yes, I am crazy!!!!

*I am getting more exercise by chasing little miss cutie pie around the living room as she is scooting...so almost crawling!!!! This girl is growing up to fast!

*I just found out that my dear friend and my only alternative care giver is moving to Kansas in a few weeks. Sad...but excited for their family!

*I have cleaned almost every inch of my house!! That includes closets and everything! It is a weird thing I do each time a child leaves. I am not sure why!

Jemmers :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to go to a counselor, about 10 years ago when I was going through a very rough time. I told her about my cleaning frenzies and she said that it was a way for me to feel like I was in control of my surroundings. She said it's a very healthy thing to do, as long as you're not working yourself to death, or breathing in harsh chemicals. lol

Wow! You're SOOOOOOOO busy!

Um... is the teen's baby going to come live with you as well?

Carrie said...

My goodness you ARE busy. But what fun!!!!
The cleaning thing....maybe it's your way of having "closure" after one leaves? I don't know. Just a thought!
I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Can you send me an email and explain what the respite thing is and if it takes the same licensing for that as it does for Foster care? With the kids I work with - Im' wondering if this is an option for me...

Anonymous said...

Um. You. Are. My. Hero!

I love to clean and organize, too. It feels so good and helps me to decompress and adjust to changes.

Don't wear yourself out, ok?