The above title is one of my favorite songs by The Afters. It sort of defines what I feel like at times. I think about my life then....before fostering...before kids...and I think to now. We are so never going back to what seemed to be OK. You may even call back then a bit boring! Lacking personality and chaos.
Not that I would change any of this for the world. I love what we are doing. I love the children and the chaos and oodles of personality and challenges. I am getting used to the headaches...and the constant battles. So what if I have bags under my eyes the size of the Grand Canyon. And who needs clean matching clothes. I love the spit on the shoulder and the drool on the pant legs.
Because, where we are now....We are looking at a possible adoption of cutie pie. And I am learning so much from our teens. I have met so many wonderful children. I can now distribute medicine like it is an art form. I have nothing that is mine...but that means that I am sharing everything I have.
It is so much better than where we have been!
Who wants to be OK?? I think it is pretty overrated!!
Jemmers :)
5 comments:
What a great post! Good luck with the adoption, how EXCITING!!!! Keep us updated.
Ok isn't really ok. It's pointless. I love reading your exploits in the world beyond OK.
YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!
Since you announced it here, does that mean it's a real possibility?
***hugs***
You are totally my fostering Hero. Because I knew you before you were a mom. And now look at you go!
BTW, our visit will be rescheduled by the end of the week. FINALLY!
SOOOO excited for you! What a blessing it would be to be able to adopt her. I will keep you all in prayer.
i am starting the foster journey & found your blog. this post was particularly inspiring to me! how much more important is your life to have REAL problems to solve, to REALLY make a difference. you are my hero too!
Post a Comment