My dad was over for Father's Day yesterday...and he commented on how Diva and I "communicate". A simply replied..."Oh, it is always like this!"
When parenting, there is a fine line between parent and friend. I do believe that there is a way to be both...parent first, friend second...but it can be tricky. Most of the time we just sound like sisters fighting over music and hair and shoes. And Diva always has some pretty witty come backs!
For instance:
"Mom, yes...you have a big butt. Now just accept it already and move on!"
Don't ya just love the honesty??!!
Jemmers :)
4 comments:
Ha! Too funny! I just posted about the honesty of FIVE year olds on my blog today!
Hope you're having a good Monday!
God bless :)
Our first teen foster daughter may be moving in next week. She is almost 16. I'll probably be coming to you for advice. ;-)
Angela :-)
It sounds to me like you'll rarely ever wonder what she's thinking! ;)
I will be visiting you soon, Carrie! I love the honesty of children!! It can be quite comical!
Good luck, Angela!!! You will be just fine!
THat is one thing about Diva...you ALWAYS know what is on her mind! Even when you really don't want to know! :)
Post a Comment