Ok...so I have a few minutes while cutie pie is sleeping just heavenly in her cradle (Thank you Trin!!!!).
We brought cutie pie home from the intake office at Children's services here in our town on Thursday! She is extra sweet and just so beautiful. She will be one week tomorrow. She is just under 6 lbs..but by the way she gobbles up her bottles, I am sure that will be changing fast.
I am working quite diligently on creating a schedule for "us". And it seems to be working well. She is a really good baby. Not too much fussing. Eats well (only for me though!). Loves to be held!! Maya just LOVES her!!!
Cutie pie came to us as an emergency placement...and even though I am thrilled to have a BABY!!!...I hate the circumstances. But, this is how our little family operates. We are composed of children in need. And to be honest, there are times that I feel extremely guilty that she is here and not with bio mom. But, as I have learned many times over, it is what it is! And I will do my best to be the greatest stand-in mommy I can be!
The facts of her removal are still being determined and investigated. And though I can not really share much here, I ask that you pray for this little one and her mommy. It is not going to be an easy road...for either of them.
But for the time being, I am loving this. And that may be the extreme lack of sleep...but it is wonderful!!!
So we now we are a family of 5 (again)! Sha-mommy, Sha-daddy, G-lo (17), Maya (3), Cutie Pie (6 days old). Doesn't that sound fun!!!
Jemmers :)
4 comments:
God bless you for your heart for these kids... and your attitude. You really are Super Woman!
**hugs**
I'm so happy she likes the craddle!
How is Maya adjusting to her new sisters in the house?
who you are is a blessing, what you do is a miracle
i am with her, (points down)
Post a Comment