Saturday, November 3, 2007

A New Attitude!!!

I am constantly telling little miss Maya to change her attitude. She gets in the mood where nothing can please her. She whines, instead of using her words. She hits and tells me NO! So I sit her down and ask her to "Change your attitude." And she sometimes will reply..."Happy and you know it?" Yes...sweetie...be happy!

And then we sing the "If your happy and you know it" song...complete with 17 different movements! It is quite a sight!

Last night, I was feeling a bit under appreciated. A bit annoyed. I was having that feeling like I do EVERYTHING....and they do NOTHING. I was placing my Grandmother's quilt on our bed...with an attitude...cause, couldn't HE have done it? When I heard "Change your attitude"! "Change your attitude to a servant's attitude".

OK. I hear you Lord. And by the way, I love how you use my very own techniques on me! Very effective.

So, that is what I am trying to do. Have a servant's attitude. It really does change how you do things. I am so much less huff and puff!

Jemmers :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Growing up, my mom would always say while we worked together, "Work like it's for the Lord."

Well I had no clue what she meant then, but I do now. It means that even if nobody appreciates that you slaved away on a meal for half the day, and even if someone tracks mud on your freshly cleaned floors, and even if nobody ever says thank you for getting groceries, doing laundry, and vacuuming for the umpteenth time this week.... that if you do these things with pleasing God in mind, then it doesn't matter what ANYONE thinks.

Some years ago, we did the 40 days of Purpose program. One of the assignments was to find ways to praise God in each and every thing we did. So I found that I could praise Him by folding laundry and by pulling weeds from the garden, and by working at the foodbank and in a hostile work environment.

I love it when God uses our own "wisdom" on us. It stings sometimes, but it's effective!

**hugs**

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Ouch, that one stung a little! Maybe because I can totally relate! I love how sensitive you are to the Lord's voice and I appreciate you sharing this experience on your blog! I kind of needed to hear (read) it!