So we read to her all the time. And talked to her all the time. And told her words....ALL. THE. TIME! I would say the same word at least a dozen times until she could say it...or at least say it in Maya speak.
Like....Banana. She would say shanana. Close..right! So I tried to teach her to say it phonetically. Buh....buh....buhnana! And it came out like this...
Buh...buh...buh shanana!
It was histerical! I mean, she was trying soooo hard! She would say it over and over and over again! After a while it became a joke to her. She would "Mommy....Buh...buh...buh shanana!" Ha Ha!! It was totally cute!
Now she is in to 5 or 6 sylable sentences. And I could not be more proud. Especially as she climbs down the stares and says..."Oh my gooooosh Mommy! Geesh!" No attitude spared!
I am just happy that she has a voice now. And I am a little more prepared for her to return home in January! Not totally!! By any means. One day at a time!
Or in the words of Maya..."Chill out mommy! Chill out!"
Keep talking, princess! I love to hear you talk!

Jemmers :)
3 comments:
Awww, how sweet...doesn't it just make you so proud! And I love that pic!!! She is so cute and little...just like her momma!
I think it is wonderful that you've worked so diligently with her. It sounds like she's come a long way. I'm sure she loves you very much!
I am so proud of her! She has come a long way!!!! And she is just the cutest and littlest thing ever!
Thanks Mel!! :) I love her, as well!
Post a Comment