Friday, August 31, 2007

You Have a Point!

It has been mentioned to me a few times, even before I started to foster, that people were worried about my heart! And rightfully so. This is a tough gig...being a foster parent. You are given this child to love unconditionally and completely...only for a short time. And during this time you fall in love with this child as if they were your very own. But what else are you to do?

I have gone over this sooooo many times....and I just don't know how else to explain it other than......I am doing what I have been chosen to do...the rest should fall into place. I can't worry about how I will feel when the children leave my home. I just can't. Mainly because it crushes my heart. And I know that there is NOTHING I can do to stop it.

Sometimes this feels unfair. I am a childless mother. Who has been given a child....but only for a short amount of time. When all I have ever wanted was to be a mother. And that is what I am now. A mother. Maybe not in the biological sense. I may not be able to birth a child....but I know that I can love a child! And that is what I intend to do. Even though it will break my heart. But don't ALL mothers go through this in one point and time?

What do I see when I look at that picture above? I see my precious little girls that I love with all of my heart. And a woman that has longed so desperately for this moment. I can't let anything like tomorrow get in the way of my joy today!


And I love all of you as well! Your support is amazing!!!!

Jemmers :)

5 comments:

Trinity13 said...

The girls look so happy...just as their foster momma does!!! :-)

Jenny said...

So sweet.

**hugs**

I know you're right when you say that your heart is intact. I know that you're doing God's work.

You are amazing.

Dooneybug said...

They are both so beautiful...just like their mom!! :)

Real Life in South Carolina said...

When Scott and I were in our foster classes, we had a session with foster parents. I couldn't help but ask, "HOW?" How do you say goodbye and not fall apart? They all said the same thing. You have to. You do, and you move on knowing you did everything you could to help that child, and you get another child into your home so you can help them.

You are so awesome, and I love how you are open to doing the Lord's will. You have a calling that most people could not handle! I know He is going to bless you richly.

Baggage said...

Hi, just found your blog...I loved this post..sooo true.

http://baggageandbug.com