Saturday, July 14, 2007

Trial and Error!

This is pretty much all we do now. We try something and if it does not work...we don't do that anymore. If it does work.....happy dance!!!

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I know not to change to much at once. But I also don't know all of her habits and schedules...so we are working through the best we can!

Potty training - I take her almost every hour and go through all the motions (go potty, wipe, flush, wash hands) even if there was no potty made! I also got the training pants that make her feel wet when she goes. She seems to do pretty well with them. I am definitely not rushing her. And is super comical when daddy tries to help!!! Especially when a naked little girl comes running down the stairs giggling and saying "get me"...as daddy, with wipes in hand runs after her. :) Not as easy as it looks....is it sweetie??!!!

Bed time - I am trying to adjust her schedule slowly to a more appropriate time. I do lay with her and read a book (Good night Moon....one hundred and thirty seven times, just last night!). I have started just sitting on the edge of the bed while she lays still and closes her eyes. She falls asleep pretty quickly...if she would just lay still!

Food - I did buy some of the things she loves. I just put 3 or 4 options on her plate for her. She is doing pretty well with that! She ate cheese today...and grapes!! YEAH!!!

The Hair!!! - I was going to just take her to a salon (which was a great idea, thank you Jennboree) but they made us wait over an hour and took others before us. So I left! Maya was in no mood to wait so long!! So we went to Target and stopped a nice lady, and I asked her what the heck I should do!!! She found some product for me and told me what to do!! Now Maya girl is sporting a cute little do! Courtesy of momma!!! :)

I think we are going to make it just fine!!!!
Jemmers :)

3 comments:

Jennboree said...

Wonderful! I'm very excited for you all. Maya is at a wonderful age right now. She will be experiencing so many new things, including new emotions, ways to express herself and language development.

Kids wind up before winding down for bed. As you get her on a schedule she can count on, she'll learn what to expect and will wind down sooner for you. Most days.

Rule #1 with kids. Expect the unexpected! :)

Congrats again, Momma!

Trinity13 said...

Sounds like things are going very well! And you could try giving her a bath (using the sleepy time soap from Johnsons) right before bed every night. It relaxs my little one!

Jenny said...

Rock on, Jemmers! I'm sure you're exhausted trying to figure out what she likes and doesn't like... but soon enough she'll adjust to your home... and she'll start doing things just because your'e the Momma and you said so. :-)

Love the mental pic of hubby running after her with wipes in hand. lol